Monday, October 18, 2010

DO NOT feed the fish...

The weekend was nice and the weather beautiful, on Sat. we went snorkeling to a place call Cemetery Reef close to were we used to live, it was nice but the fish were harassing us (specially the Sergent Major).

On the snorkeling 101 course I believe the number one rule should be: DO NOT FEED THE FISH!

Well, I guess some snorkelers have overlooked that rule and being feeling them, so now when they see people all the think about is; food!, food!, food! and they get all over you... Here's the proof of how close they get to you.


And in the following short video you can see how close they get to the camera and then I manage to scare them away with my fins, then you'll see how many really are around me... My husband wasn't as lucky as me, as he got bitten by another type of fish which is also around and gets all over you, ck out his post yesterday, click here (not recommended if you don't like to see blood!).


Pretty crazy, uh? but mostly sad and scary how humans can change the behavior of animals so easily, the worst part is that people don't realize the huge impact small things like these can affect them... more about this issue later.

Now, is off to work. Have a wonderful week!


5 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They are so pretty! enjoyed your video. Saw your hubby's chewed up hand! Shame people don't mind the rules. When animals are involved, it's for a good reason! Shame on them!!!...debbie

pam@ iLoveShelling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It is crazy that people don't understand the harm they do when they feed the wildlife. I've seen a raccoon here come right up to a car because he thinks he'll get food. YIKES! That's how they get hit by cars. Thanks for the video- such beautiful fish. I'm having a give away you might like on my blog- check it out.

Gina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy MINGLE MONDAY

I just saw your blog on {life of meg}, great photos....

Joey Y said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ouch! >.< I love snorkelling too but minus the biting

J - Pacha Mama said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was once bit while snorkeling in Hawaii. It was only a small fish and a tiny bit of blood, so I kinda just laughed it off and kept snorkeling. Now if it was a shark...that might be the end of my snorkeling hobby.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails