Saturday, October 17, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
This evening we are off to Little Cayman for a few days, on Sunday afternoon we are attending the wedding of Jason & Vicki some good friends I used to work with in Cayman Brac. It's going to be so much fun... Got my camera ready, my meds (yeap, unfortunately I'm taking some antibiotics for this horrible cough) and my swimsuit. I might not be posting much cause I don't plan to spend much time on the computer.
So, I wish everybody a wonderful weekend full of joy and excitement. See you later!!!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
So, I was home yesterday, sleeping, watching t.v. and at times playing on the computer. And that's when I decided to play Bejeweled Blitz, a game on facebook that is quite good but addictive as well.
The whole point of the game is to match 3 or more of the same jewels and create chains that will destroy, the more you match together, the best points you get.
Well, yesterday after playing for a while I got THE BEST score for me so far, I was so impressed with it that I must share it with you all... ck it out:See what it says on it?287,150 points, One of the world's best scores, wooo-hooo!
Happy Hump Day!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Regina Brett's 45 life lessons and 5 to grow onTo celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me.
It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolls over to 50 this week, so here's an update:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Overprepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative - dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don't ask, you don't get.
50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I have anything against the American President, or that I know a lot about Nobel Prizes and I probably know even less about politics (as politics make my top 5 most hated things). But, why did he win this price? According to some articles I've read on the internet is due to "his efforts to strength diplomacy". Well, isn't that supposed to be part of his job description as a president???
As I mentioned before I really don't know much about the Nobel Price and what are the requirements to be nominated, but I also read on the internet that Mr. Obama was only a president for 2 weeks when the deadline nominations for the prizes closed, so how come they knew already back then that he deserved this price???
I just really hope this is going to be something positive towards his government and that in the years he has left as president would reflect and prove us that he deserved this prize more than so many other that are really working towards Peace in our planet...
Otherwise I just ask one thing: Where is Kanye West when we really need him????
LOL! I just think that when this joke is about to die, something else comes up and resurrects it again....
Sunday, October 11, 2009
As I am a nature lover and I specially enjoy the being surrounded by it, trees, plants, flowers (and of course animals), so to me the next best thing after any expression of Mother Nature and that I consider is "man made" is a nursery.
We had a great time yesterday and I can't wait to go back when it's not so busy and get to change to look around with more time and buy more plants!!!
Have a great week everybody!