2010 is finally here and after a very nice night among friends (despite the fact that my throat was and is still killing me from yesterday afternoon), I'm glad and very grateful that I am here to see another year start.
So last night was a good time, with friends, full moon, music, drinks, food and even the occasional new years traditions. In my case walking out of my house for the first time with a suitcase so you are sure to travel a lot on the new year, or I have hear the one about eating 12 grapes (each one for each month of the year), or some people like eating black eye peas as those are consider good luck.
And of course who can forget the famous New Year's resolutions To me they are like the soap bubbles I sometimes try to make in the shower, I always strive for big ones, I try hard to blow them right, some burst immediately and others survive but not enough to still around all year!
I still remember some of the resolutions I had for the long gone 2009, some I actually manage to keep for most of the year:
1. Be thankful for everything in my life every day (which I still do and intend to keep it for the rest of my life).
2. Exercise at least 3 times a week (did it most of the time, better than previous years, so that one is a keeper as well).
3.Be more patient (ditto for 2010).
4. Stay away from negative people (good one too!).
5. Learn another language (didn't do it )
6. Volunteer for something (still have to work on that one).
7. Try a new recipe at least once a month (I actually did this one and really enjoyed it!).
So, I guess for this year and the next 364.5 days left I have decided on the following ones:
1. Keeping my #1 resolution of last year and be thankful for it too!
2. Continue exercising at least 3 times a week.
3. (see #3 above).
4. Surround myself with positive, good energy people!
5. I still want to volunteer for something- I already have something in mind.
6. Be more creative and get back to basics with my art.
7. Go to the beach with my husband at least one night a week.
8. Read a new book every month.
9. Take a vacation away from the island.
10. Keep at least one resolution during the whole year.
We shall see how I do about those this year and what about you out there? Any good resolutions or maybe none at all? Anyhow, have a wonderful 2010 with or without resolutions, enjoy every day and be happy!!!