Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 possibilities

Once I read that us humans are 4 dimensional beings; body, mind, heart and spirit.

So when we go around in life we mainly are ruled by at least one of those dimensions, which help us take decisions or act a certain way.

Well, it's already January 2012 and for me this means I have been thinking about my New Year resolutions already, although this year I am going to call them possibilities instead.

So for this year's possibilities, my focus will be on those four dimensions that makes us human.

These are my top 12:

1. EATING HEALTHY-ER.
Although I don't think I have many bad eating habits, there's always room for improvement, there are always many choices that could be improved and new healthy food waiting for me to try and explore.

2. DRINK MORE WATER.
Water is such a vital part of my life and I do drink quite a bit, but sometimes not enough...

3. MAKE EXERCISE A PRIORITY AND A WEEKLY (DAILY IF POSSIBLE) COMMITMENT.
Exercise is so very important for both my body and mind and specially in times like these when we live in a world that is so fast and so shallow, where you can go from a traffic jam to a yoga class [or vice versa] in just a few minutes, we can exercise one day and then just slack because there's many other "social" activities going on. But exercise is vital, so I have to really make a BIG important deal out of it.

4. LISTEN TO MY BODY, NURTURE AND CARE FOR IT AS A TEMPLE.
When we don't listen to our body and give the importance it requires, sometimes alarms go off when it's too late. A simple pain or a major thing can develop and if we don't pay attention perhaps it came become a major issue, so I am going to be more aware of this.

5. READ, READ, READ.
This year I want to read all sorts of book, specially those that are not in my regular type of books, because learning to love the things you are not used to, develop our mind in ways that we didn't know existed.

6. EAT THAT FROG FIRST= I WILL NOT PROCRASTINATE.
There's a time for everything but there should never be a time for procrastination, unfortunately I am good at it sometimes, so this year I have to work on that aspect. To understand my point on the "eat that frog first" deal, check the following video here

7. WORK ON MY CONVERSATION SKILLS.
When I having conversations with people, I want to be more aware of what they are saying, pause when they are talking to not interrupt others and also be more empathetic towards those that lack some intelligence or just say stupid things [specially customers!].

8. GET MONEY BY THE DIRECT RESULT OF HARD WORK AND COMMITMENT.
I consider myself a hard working person, I am responsible and although at times I slack at work, I still think of myself a good employee, but there's always room for improvement and that improvement would only hopefully mean, better sales, better rewards!

9. ALWAYS REPLACE FEAR AND DOUBT WITH LOVE AND FAITH.
My life's always been very bless, for the very first time I saw the light of day and every day that I get to wake up, but fear and doubt are just around the corner sometimes, so I have to concentrate on replacing those at all times with love and faith in God who is my leader.

10. WORK ON MY BUCKET LIST.
This 2012 will mark my 35th day on this earth and I think it's about time I start making a list of all things that I still want to do but I haven't got around to... so I will be thinking at this during the whole year (and hopefully start it as well!).

11. KINDNESS IS HERE.
Just as I mentioned before, this year I turn 35, so I have decided that I want to do some special 35 random acts of kindness through the whole year, one for each year of my blessed life.

12. GIVE MYSELF CREDIT FOR WHAT I CAN ACCOMPLISH AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO CONTINUE PURSUING WHAT I HAVEN'T.
Possibilities are always whether we take them or don't, but goal setting is always better than not having a clear idea of what you want to accomplish, so if these 2012 possibilities are not reachable I will continue to work towards them and don't let my vision get fogged up.

Happy First Friday and New Possibilities Day of 2012!!!!

6 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like you´ll have a busy new year, and some great plans to stick to. When I turned 35 I had my first child, so THAT was a busy year too! :-) Have been very exhausted for days now, I guess part of it is due to the lack of sunshine, and with lots of rain and stormy weather. Look forward to a long sleep and weekend! Hugs and blessings :-))

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great list, and I love your perspective of looking at them as possibilities rather than strict resolutions. Sounds like 2012 is off to a great start!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are good sound resolutions!! I still haven't made mine. I made only one last year and didn't keep it...sooooo, I am not a good resolution maker apparently...debbie

Tom said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am going to join you in drinking more water! I am a terrible drink-anything-but-water offender!

Colleen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

#7 made me laugh for some reason (maybe it was the end of it about the customers lol).

I LOVE #11!! I think that is such a great idea!!

The Sweet Life said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are all great resolutions!!!! Good luck . I'm on the same kick as you! Happy Monday!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails