Wednesday, March 28, 2012

dinner last night

Lately I've been very organized when it comes to plan dinners ahead of time as I am trying to make very conscious food choices to loose weight and make my exercise worth it.

Of course sometimes it's easier to go for a delivery pizza, but it's just not healthy, so instead I am putting a lot of effort on making our own pizza (with a store bought dough), soon I even wanna try and make my own healthy dough.

Last night dinner menu was Szechuan Chicken with White Rice, it was yummy but I specially like it because it's such a super easy recipe, so today I decided to share it (the chicken part- not the rice!)

Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (I didn't have any so I used White Balsamic Vinegar!)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste

 Directions:
  1. Place the chicken and cornstarch into a bag or bowl, and toss to coat. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken pieces and garlic, stirring constantly until lightly browned. Stir in the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and water. Cover, and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink inside, 3 to 5 minutes.
  2. Stir in the green onion, and cayenne pepper, cook uncovered for about 2 more minutes. Serve over white rice.  
the final result

Perhaps the photo doesn't really show how good it really was, but it was yummy and so fast to make...

Happy Wednesday!

5 commented; now it's your turn!:

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yum, thanks for sharing! I would love to make this!

Bone said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks similar to a General Tso's recipe I have. At least I recognize that brand of corn starch and soy sauce from my cabinet :)

Was it spicy? Spicy is good!

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like a great recipe - I'm sure it's delicious (chicken + garlic and I'm onboard, lol!). These days I almost think anything home made is healthy (with heart and soul in it!).
P.s. Your car-wash ride with Yanique sounded fun! I loved that as a child.
xo

Colleen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That looks so good!! I would that, except I would use brown rice. I stopped eating white rice since it's so starchy. I might even eat the chicken over quinoa, which is a super super healthy grain! Great, now I'm hungry!! lol

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Colleen is exactly right! I was going to say the same thing. I only eat brown rice and whole wheat pasta now and I also eat quinoa.

Have been since I joined Weight Watcher's back at the end of 2010.... stay away from anything WHITE! Like Colleen said the starch/sugar content is HIGH!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails