Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Flicks

Hello Everybody,

I want to start my post today thanking everybody that left me comments yesterday congratulating me about the weight loss, trust me, it is a very important and vital part of taking on such a commitment, the support from friends and family, so it's greatly appreciated!

But, I do have to say that I am still a "work in progress", meaning my diet is not over yet, on the contrary now I am on the next phase which is called the "Maintenance Phase" and it's 4 weeks of still watching everything I eat but not with any restrictions of calorie as long as I don't each carbs or sugar.

According to the doctor, this phase is very important as it gives the body the time to settle on it's new weight and by doing this next phase correctly I will have a higher chance of not gaining the weight back... So I will continue to report on how I do.

On another note... As I said yesterday, I am feeling great and looking good too, my back issues have improved and I am finally full on back to the gym, so that should help with the weight control (but I am not looking into loosing any more as I am already in my healthy weight for my age and height)

So anyway, since it's that time of the year again, meaning Christmas time and I am not really looking forward to all the signing and the eating, I do have to have another way to celebrate the holidays, so today I decided to post about my top five favorite Christmas movies, which by the way I plan to watch at some point starting this weekend (and every weekend until Christmas day!)

Of course there are many more than just 5 great Christmas movies that I can think of, but today I am going to focus on my very favorite ones. I am going to count backwards from 5 and starting with, a classic.

5. 
A Christmas Story
This heartwarming story is set in the 1940's and tells the story of Ralphie and his family. It is filled with innocence, mischief and his desire to own Red Rider BB gun for Christmas. It is a story for adults and kids that will stay with you forever!


4. 
Home Alone
This is a great family Christmas comedy which tells the story of Kevin, a young boy that is left (by mistake) home alone during the holidays. But being alone is not the only thing Kevin has to worry about during Christmas at home alone. A must see film if you are looking for laughs and even some tenderness!


3.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Oh how I love Chevy Chase and his humor and in this movie he is just brilliant. This Christmas comedy will make you laugh at all of the peculiarities that families have and what some have to put up with during the holiday, awesome movie!

2. 
The Holiday
If what you are looking for is a romantic comedy with a Christmas twist, this is the perfect movie for that. It is a nice, entertaining story of a few people at once, all going through different stages in their lives but looking for love. It is one of my favorite movies and I can watch it anytime, anywhere. Besides, Kate Winslet and Jack Black are two of my favorite actors and they have great rolls in this movie.



And for my favorite Christmas Movie... [insert drum roll here]

1.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
To me this movie is pure Christmas magic, starting with the fact that it's based on the famous Dr. Seuss story (which is fabulous) but also it's got all of the elements of a good Christmas movie; holiday spirit, family values, laughs, great special effect/decorations, plus even the greed that still exists during the holidays. Jim Carrey does a fabulous job as the Grinch and Max (his dog) is my favorite character of them all!!!


But of course, I cannot help but make an honorable mention to the Original Dr. Seuss "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Cartoon movie, that is also very good and a classic!


So, which is you favorite Christmas movie? Are a classic kind of person, or perhaps prefer the romantic comedies? 

On a different note, tonight is my husband's company Christmas Party, it's going to be fun to meet some of the people he works with (I have met a couple) since he's only been there from Oct. 1st... Hopefully I will take some photos and share next week.

Happy Friday everybody, enjoy your weekend!

9 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am finally able to post a note here. I haven't been able to access your post for awhile now. I complained to google and then all of a sudden they deleted my BLOG!!! It wasn't there for a whole day. I reset my blog to 2 days ago and was able to bring it back up and am now able to post here. I have been reading but just couln't post on several Blogs. Have no idea why...debbie OH!! Great job on your weight loss, I know it's not an easy task!! Great job!!

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like your choices, but I have improvements for "A Christmas Story"
(copy and paste)
http://markd60.com/blog/?p=4262

bobo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Friday and have fun at the party tonight! Good luck in the maintenance phase, don't be afraid to lean on us when you need help :)

As for Christmas movies, my all-time favourite is Mickey's Christmas Carol, I would always look forward to watching it on TV when I was a kid and now I have it on DVD :D

Colleen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good luck with the maintenance portion of your diet! :)

My fav Christmas movies are A Christmas Story (I know it by heart pretty much lol), and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

These are all great movies! My fave is A Muppet Christmas Carol. Enjoy the party tonight!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

A Christmas Story is one of my faves and it was filmed where I used to live, Cleveland, Ohio!

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Have been "off" from most blog commenting for a while since I´ve been busy, tired and lately ille with bronchitis - but here I am for a comment; Congrats with your weight loss, it sound like a good plan, and I´m sure the maintenance will go well.
My all time favorite MUST SEE movie is a romantic one called "A christmas romance" with Olivia Newton-John and Gregory Harrison. If you have not seen it, it´s really a feel-good movie, I simply love it!!
Have a great weekend :-)

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

PS Thanks for sharing the other titles of chrismas movies, I only know "Home alone" which is also great!! But will see if I can find some of the others as well.. :-))

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wishing you well with weight maintenance... I can imagine it must be a bit testing in December?? About x-mas movies I only watched Home Alone about three Christmas'es ago - could never understand what the fuss was about, but I totally loved it, actually very sweet! I also love The Christmas Miracle on Manhattan. And I've watched The Holiday countless times :-)
xo

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails