Monday, December 17, 2012

Ginger Monday :)

Nothing gets me in the best of holiday spirit like my house smelling of delicious holiday cookies plus baking to the soundtrack of "The Holiday Movie" which is a fabulous mix of music with a bit of holiday cheer!

My Gingerbread Man cookie project came out wonderfully...


I have to say that I didn't suffer the smelly party and although I did try one (without the frosting), I didn't feel that bad because the recipe I used is a low fat!


When I say low fat, meaning it's got much less sugar than regular cookies as the recipe replaces most of the sugar with unsweetened Apple Sauce. Of course this makes the cookie dough a bit stickier but not that bad, you you have to do is use plenty of flour when spreading and cutting the cookies before you put them in the oven.

I think I left mine a bit too long as they came out quite dark and my husband says they are a bit dry, more like ginger snaps... But oh well, still look and taste alright!

Now, the decorating part, was hard, but they ended up looking quite decent.


I made a batch and got about 50 cookies in total, I am giving one to my boss and his family and another one to my husband's new boss and his family.

Here's the final result sitting on my boss's desk!


So, how was your weekend? Anything special going on? Please do share...

Less than 10 days to Christmas, what are your plans?

Happy Monday!!!

5 commented; now it's your turn!:

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Why oh why oh WHY didn't I bring some to work with me!

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awww... they look like they're related to Mr. Button, who still keeps me sweet company on my desk (since last Christmas!). ;-) xo

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

you are a doll! Nothing better than a gift that is homemade, especially when it is cookies!! I think you did a fabulous job!

bobo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They look great! Had my office Christmas party this weekend. It took place at a skating rink, with food served in the lounge area. It was fun, got a workout before eating lots of food lol

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They look just yummy!! There´s no risk of loosing your job next year - if I were your boss, I´d make sure to keep you AND the ginger man cookies!! :-) My weekend was spent in bed or by the tele, since I was ill with a cold :-/

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails