Thursday, March 11, 2010

Road or trail?

Not sure which one I am on right now? I should be on the road to recovery but sometimes it just feels more like a trail, one of those where you sure need to carry a "machete" in case you have to clear of the path off some bush that makes you loose your trail.
Of course with my arm situation it's not very likely I can even manage a machete, so that's probably why I feel kind of losing the trail from time to time...Some days I feel pretty good with my arm pain, but then I go to be and I sleep very uncomfortably, from one side to the other, sleeping on my back with a pillow under my legs and always trying to relax my arm.
It sucks having all this problems and also the fact that I can't really exercise much because my arm takes a big toll on my afterward, what to do then? Well, yesterday was my first official physical therapy appointment, and other than getting this big, heavy and hot load of stuff on my back for 15 min, the girl asked me a million questions and then taped (literally) my back under my neck area as well as my arm.
According to the therapist, the tape applied over muscles helps to reduce pain and inflammation, relax overused tired muscles, and to support muscles in movement on a 24hr/day basis. It is non-restrictive type of taping which allows for full range of motion.
So my arm kind looks like this today:


This is supposed to take water and stay on until my next appointment next Tuesday.Unfortunately is already peeling off in some areas...
Hopefully soon I'm going to feel like I am not only "on the road" to recovery, but more like on a freeway riding like a dog looking out on the window, feeling the air my ears flapping with the wind and mostly feeling GOOD!!!


Have a fabulous Thursday!

2 commented; now it's your turn!:

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hope you will be freeway riding real soon - just like that dog looking out of the window - and with your ears flapping in the wind :-)) Looks so much more fun that constant pain!

Man Named Kim said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

heal. rest. feel better.

hire a guide to hack the weeds and bush on your trail in the mean time. ;)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails