Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm back!

As of yesterday afternoon I am back to Grand Cayman and back to reality, but you know what? After spending some wonderful (although short) days with my family back home, reality of the kind of life I have here (on this pretty little island) is not bad AT ALL!!!

Of course I miss my family, the fact that we have such a great and close relationship, is like you always have a "support group" at a short distance, and that's what I probably miss and lack the most here.

But besides that, now when I go back to visit, I see that I don't miss city living and specially all the cars and craziness that goes on the roads now a days.

Our visit was short but sweet, I really got to spend time with my Mom who was in the need of some serious TLC, after falling and then having to be on a wheelchair for the past 2 weeks.

Before we left, I talked to my dad over the phone and he said she was very depressed (and who wouldn't having to be on a wheel chair with a cast on your leg and a shoulder immobilizer, when you are a very active person!)....

But now after a few days with her I believe she is in much, much better spirit and happy with all the love and appreciation that so many people showed her over the weekend but specially on Sunday that was her 60th birthday.

So, remember I was planning to get her 60 presents to celebrate this special milestone??? Well, I did it. She was surprised, happy and mesmerize by so much thoughtfulness from me, I was just delighted to see her smile, happy and enjoying the whole 1/2 an hour that it took her to open everything I got her... Plus I am sure this is a memory she is going to cherish for a long time, besides the fact that most of the gift were very useful things that she will really enjoy using...

 60 ways to say I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

  The doggies love you (and your presents too, LOL!)
 
  Some of the presents ("guard dog" not included, LOL)

Like I said before, the visit was SHORT but sweet, took some pictures (specially of the dogs, the cat and some at my mom's party), will share more later, have a wonderful Wednesday!

2 commented; now it's your turn!:

Heart2Heart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The best part of your trip I am sure was the present of yourself just being with your mom is the one she will treasure long after you have left. I am so glad that you were able to make this trip and spend some quality time with her. Love all the cute little things you purchased for her and can't wait to here more about your trip!


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Janelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday to your mom! I'm sure you being there helped immensly to uplift her spirit! So sweet of you to think of 60 things for her too!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails