Thursday, April 15, 2010

the tip of the iceberg


Yesterday was supposed to be one of two days of the week to get physiotherapy for my arm.

I am still in pain, at this point I suspect everything is affecting my recovery; stress makes it worst, computer typing definitely aggravates it, sleeping on my right side is out of the question and I'm starting to think that even certain bras affected it too!

The worst part at this point is that I've been going to physio for a few weeks now and if somebody asks me how I feel after this process of "recovery" -insert sarcastic tone here- started, I will have to go with probably I feel worse. At some point I guess I felt better but lately cause of stress and a lot of arm activities (cause of working at a gallery) have definitely set me back a bit.

So, what's with the tip of the iceberg?

Like I said before, after weeks of physio, the therapist I'm seeing at the hospital, at time is extremely rude to me, she makes me feel like it's an inconvenience for her to take care of me, and to top it all, yesterday I showed up for my 8am appointment (after sorting out the schedule at work to be able to make it) and the receptionists tells me the therapist changed schedules so she doesn't work until 9am, say whaaaaat????

I don't even wanna try to describe the feelings I got from the situation, but oh well I guess this is expected when you use public health and go through your insurance. Still, she has no right to be this way, of course I called the supervisor and complained, about her attitude and specially what happened yesterday, the supervisor apologized saying they had a computer glitch (yeah right, always the computer excuse) and that they tried to notify everybody and I guess they forgot to call me, a whole week she had to do that, I guess maybe this therapist has way to many patients to keep track, or just plain she doesn't give a rats behind!

I hate it when people make me waste time, I got up earlier than usual, left the house on time and like I mentioned before arranged everything so there was somebody at work to open the store and all for nothing... Hope today when they re schedule my appointment she doesn't chop my arm or something, wish me luck!

Have a great day!!!!

5 commented; now it's your turn!:

Andrea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hoping and praying all goes well at your appointment today and you get some relief, too.
Blessings, andrea

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I will be more than happy to break out my ninja skills and kick her in the throat!

I do hope you feel better. Physical Torture, err, I mean Therapy suuuuccckkksss!

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello from the Aegean sea thanks to internet access from the most unlikely places! Sorry to hear about the crap treatment (just what you need when in pain, not!). Love love love the kittie post but very sorry to hear about your mums fall. She's going to be so pleased to see you.

Re. your arm, if you're in to that sort of stuff, here's a link to a very interesting book about healing at cellular level. Truly remarkable...
http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Practical-Healing-Setting-Yourself/dp/0743443934/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271351347&sr=8-1

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ay chica, I hope you arm heals soon enough I bet it is soo darn painful! But I hope you get someone better or a better treatment.

Man Named Kim said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

prayers ascending

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails