Friday, May 21, 2010

Plastic or not? NOT!

I found this video a few days ago and although I knew most of what they say on it, it never stops to amaze me magnitude of the problem us humans are generating with garbage, but in this case specifically plastic bottles.

Over a year ago I bought myself a Klean Kanteen stainless steel bottle that I use every day of my life, at home we have a faucet filter for drinking water and we keep cold water on the fridge out of recycle glass water bottles.

Still when I watch the following video, it makes me feel like I am not doing enough to be part of the solution...

NOTICE: The video is 8min long, so if you don't have time right now, please make sure to watch it later, I promise it would be 8min well spent.




I guess in situations like this one, spreading awareness is the first step towards finding real solutions.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 commented; now it's your turn!:

Heart2Heart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sunshine,

We could use more posts about this. God created this world and appointed us all to be good stewards of what He gave us. I guess we aren't doing a very good job but it's never too late.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well done for shedding light on this crazy issue! I'm now living in a part of the world where people drink bottled water all the time, and there is empty bottles tossed everywhere in nature... it's horrible. Just a few days ago I was wondering why on earth some clever genius haven't come up with an "environmentally friendly solution" to bottled water. Seems so weird that something that naturally comes from the planet should end up destroying it.
Couldn't believe it when I saw Evian's fashion water on a menu the other day - at a whopping price naturally. Sometimes one has to wonder what humans are up to deluding themselves en masse.
Ode to good old fashion tap water!!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails