Tuesday, January 4, 2011

DIY Shampoo

Being that one of my New Year resolution is to give, today I am giving you a wonderful recipe that could improve the health of your hair and scalp.

This recipe is very simple but the best part is that it has not chemicals (like all the OTC shampoo brands do), so I am sure this will bring amazing benefits to your hair. If you have lighter hair you might want to adjust the recipe a bit (ask me for some tips), but if what you are looking for a cleansing and invigorating shampoo that will bring shine and life to your hair, then I suggest you give this a try.




The Ingredients are:
1/4 cup distilled water
1/4 cup liquid Castile Soap (unscented of not, whatever you'll like and find)
2 tbs jojoba oil
1/8 tbsp peppermit oil (optional)
1/8 tea tree oil
1 empty bottle

Mix all ingredients and add an extra 1/4 cup of water. I recommend when using this shampoo to shake the bottle well before using and then tilting it over your hear because it's quite liquid.

If anybody try this, let me know how it goes, I've been using it for over 6 months and I love it and specially love the fact that there's less chemicals over my body, yay!

Have a wonderful day!

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wonder where I might get some Tea Tree oil and the jojoba oil. Never heard of either of those, but never knew about them either. Sounds good. Will inquire around about those 2 ingrediance. Thanks for sharing!! ...debbie

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I'd love to try that if I can find some liquid Castile soap on this island. I love Bodyshop's shampoo with peppermint so it sounds like a perfect recipe to try.

Btw... I saw Guy Harvey on CNN the other day. I LOVE his paintings and at first I wondered where I had seen that particular signature of his. I realized it would have to be him who was behind the magnificent image on the Christmas card you send me and sure enough- that's where I'd just seen the signature. What a great guy!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh, this is really interesting! Thanks for sharing chica! But not sure if we have those things down here! D:

Joey Y said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

DIY shampoo? Good one! Where can I buy these ingredients, especially Castile Soap?

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails