Monday, October 17, 2011

Projects, projects, projects...

Looks like October is a project month for me, got lots going on.

When it comes to my crochet/amigurumi project... Ahhhh, I still remember when I set my mind to learn how to crochet. Got myself some books and with the help of the many, many YouTube videos that show you every possible crochet stitch, I finally managed to learn.

Now, about a year later, I've come to the point where I have more than one project going on at once.

Lately I'm into starting one long one that I can go to for a few minutes/hours and then leave it to perhaps work on a much smaller and faster one.

I've been working pretty hard on another hand bag, but still long ways to go.

Yesterday I finished an amigurumi Panda Bear that I will be giving as a gift to my newly appointed "little sister" from the Big Brothers & Big Sisters mentor program, and whom I am schedule to meet tomorrow evening.


I have to say that I'm super excited to start this new mentor project/program and specially to meet my new "little sister".

She is a 10 year old Caymanian girl, her name is Yannique. Looks like she is a very active girl, who loves sports, the ocean, reading and specially loves animals (she wants to be a Vet- just like I wanted!).

So, I am really looking forward to start this mentor program as it's been more than a year since I started to the whole process and they have finally match me with somebody.

As I said, I am very excited and bit nervous, but praying to God that He gives the strength, inspiration and dedication necessary to make a positive difference in this little girl's life, but also welcoming what my relationship with her will bring to my own life.

So, tomorrow is the BIG meeting day, hoping for everything to go well, will share the news on Wednesday.

Other projects I have going on are for work, today and tomorrow we have 2 more school visits for the Grouper Moon and starting on Wed. our gallery/store is participating on the Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce Business Expo for the very first time...

Wednesday is set up day and then we officially start on Thursday [when we are hoping to win the "Best Booth" category] and ends of Saturday afternoon. So, I might not have much time to post but I will try to share a bit of this project in the next few days...

Besides all those projects, I have already started working on my next blog giveaway that hopefully will be ready in the next few weeks. As always it's going to be hand made [by: moi] and very special... so stay tuned!

Have a great Monday and rest of the week! :)

2 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Big Brother, Big Sister is a WONDERFUL program. We have been envolved in that for the last 18 years. Bob is on the Board here. It's so amazing and you will just love it!! I love the Panda and am sure she will love it! ...debbie

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How awesome that you'll be mentoring a little sister! That is wonderful and I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails