Monday, May 28, 2012

Changes...

Lately I've been contemplating a few changes in my life, from painting the kitchen cabinets white, to becoming vegetarian. Of course once I discussed it with my husband I did not get the reaction I expected, or perhaps I did but I was just in denial.

His worst reaction was towards me becoming vegetarian, can u believe it?

Mainly he thinks that if I change my eating habits he has to change his as well, as if...

I say: Not at all!!! If I decided to stop eating meat, that doesn't necessary mean that I would not cook it for him... So, oh well, I guess I am going to have to give it a little more thought or perhaps do it gradually so he doesn't really notices it ( right, like I have a chance on that, being that he reads my blog and all...)

Now, becoming vegetarian won't be that difficult for me, the part of loving veggies I already have and perhaps the main deal would be surviving dinners without chicken which is the easiest thing to cook (most days!).

On the other change, the kitchen cabinets, I really want paint them white, but I know it's a very big job and my husband says that once we paint the wood, there's no way back... I have just always loved white kitchens, they look awesome, like these ones...




Another reason why I wanna paint our cabinets is because our kitchen is very small so I think white cabinets will make it look brighter and bigger... or not!

What do you think? Should I attempt to do it or not?!?!? I could use opinions on this.

On another note, yesterday my lovely godson Julian turned 1, wish I could have been there to see how big he is... I do not have a photo of the birthday boy on his day but here's the most updated one I have... Isn't he adorable and such a big boy?


Hoping everybody had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and a great week ahead!!!

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Julian is adorable!!!

Ok about the vegetarian thing...give it some thought and really THINK about why you want to do it. Do you want to go completely "vegan" or just "vegetarian?"(There is a difference!) If you have good solid reasons and you believe in your heart that that is what you should do then do it. As you said you could still make meat for your husband.

About the cabinets...I agree that they would brighten up your kitchen...but....for someone like me it would be AWFUL. I am not one to always wash my hands the second I touch something in the kitchen (and my husband is WORSE!) If I painted my kitchen white they would be dirty in no time! (remember splattering food and all!)

If it is washable paint then you are good to go as long as they are easy to maintain

Happy Memorial Day!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Becomming a veggie gal...easy enough. We have friends who are both. Just make a little more veggies, give Mark his meat and all is well! give it a go!! As for the white kitchen...well, I had a white kitchen and will never do it again. I have white trim in the house and would never do that again either. BUT!! what ever floats your boat, DO IT!! ...DEBBIE

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your godson is so cute! I've thought about becoming a vegetarian at times, both because I love animals and for my health, but I just don't know if I could do it since I'm so used to eating and enjoying meat dishes. I have so much respect for those who do it, though! I also think white cabinets would look great!

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Julian is absolutely adorable, and he looks so wise - quite a special boy, I can tell :-)
I love white kitchens as well, particularely the top picture is my favorite style. Yes absolutely, paint it white! If that is what you feel is right, that is what you need. And the "no way back"...well, there´s always a chance of painting it pink or yellow in the future, isn´t there? lol. Have a happy weekend! xo

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails