Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bokeh

Day 20 on the photo challenge calls for a Bokeh photo. 


For those that don't know what bokeh (boh-kay ) in photography is, basically is the out-of-focus areas of an image or a blur. Bokeh has been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light", mainly in the background of the image...


Although I have never really taken any bokeh photo of lights per se... I have taken some photos with the blur background effect...

White wing dove, photo by Sunshine

Tiki Torch, photo by Sunshine
Mocking Bird, photo by Sunshine

All of the above photos were taken with my Nikon camera because to be able to achieve the blur in the background while keeping one object focused you need to be able to control the aperture of the lens.

On another note, today is a pretty special day, because a few years back one of the most important persons in my life was born, my amazing husband.

This morning after I woke up, I gave him his present, a Garden gnome that he wanted (you can read all about it here)....


Today I gave him "Traveling Tim"... He loved it and I when I gave it to him I took a picture, but since we are taking "Bokeh" here today, I decide to tweak it a little bit and use for today's photo challenge as well...


See, looks pretty legit, right?


Anyway if after reading my blog you wanna to do the good dead of the day, head down to "Second Go" here and wish my boy a Happy Birthday!


Have a great day!

3 commented; now it's your turn!:

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Great pictures, and a very happy birthday to your husband!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Birthday to your Hubby!!!

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those birds are special - and so is your husbond :-) Gongratulations!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails