Sunday, July 1, 2012

A childhood memory

Today is Day 10 of the Photo Challenge and it calls for a childhood memory.

This is my teddy bear "Osito", given to me by my Dad when I was 5 years old ( also the little pillow is from when I was little).

My Dad had this thing of bringing me a stuffed animal every weekend, most of them were good, expensive ones, but one day he showed up with one hand made from a local carnival and I just felt in love with it.

Osito's been with me for the past 30 years and hopefully for the rest of my life...

He is not very soft anymore, I have mend him a few times, his nose has now lost its shape and his eyes have pretty much faded, but he still's the wonderful bear he was when I got him back then.


Happy Sunday!!!

3 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

SO cute your teddy bear, I love it :-) I also have an old teddy bear from when I was a child, and my mother knitted some clothes for him. I think there are so many memories and feelings lodged in a childhood teddy bear, and it can give us comfort when we need it. Sweet story, thank you..!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I remember my Teddy bear, wonder what ever happened to him.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a cute Teddy, and him looking older, makes him all the more cuter!! ...debbie

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails