Thursday, August 23, 2012

hooked on crochet

From a little girl I have always been very creative; from drawing to poetry and even some painting. Now that I am older I guess I have ignited the flame of my creativity once again but now through crochet.

If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that I totally love to make "Amigurumi", which is mainly crochet animals or objects. Well, lately it's been on my mind that perhaps I should expand my talent and try to make something different, something I could wear!

Although I have to say I am very hesitant about venturing into the apparel part of crochet and it's mainly because I have always consider that crochet clothing is for "old people" but I really don't know where I got that idea.

What do you think?

Anyway, with the huge vast of information that nowadays we have available at our fingertips through the internet, I have been browsing for some ideas of what could be my very first and maybe only piece of crochet clothing.

Here are some example of what I like, but most importantly that I think if I make, I could actually wear!

photo source ravelry


photo source ravelry
photo source ravelry
photo source ravelry
photo source ravelry
photo source red heart
Well, that's all I have found for now.

I could really use opinions on which one you like?

I kinda like the last one but perhaps without the long sleeves? And I also like the little wrap skirt to use over my swimsuit but definitely in some nice summer colors instead!

Happy Thursday!!! : )

3 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yes definitely - Go ahead!! Knitting used to be "oldfashioned" for some decades, but is now super modern again, and it looks like it´s the same with crochet. I love those pictures you post, and I would preferre (for myself)the following numbers (from above): 1,2,3 and 5. But your style might be very different, so go ahead with the one you like the best, and I look forward to seing the result of you wearing it on a picutre! :-) And lucky you, that you have such talent, I knit a scarf once in 10 years, and then it takes a lot of motivation for me to start knitting another one, although I like the proces of knitting...sigh. You go girl! ;-))

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love the last photo and the orange photo for styles...I agree that you should pursue it...but I am "old" so I don't know! :)

Colleen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'd be impressed with any of them if you can do them!! I think I liked the orange one the best!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails