Thursday, April 18, 2013

Random Thursday: Holy Grail Cosmetics


Hello random Thursday!

Today's topic comes at a time in my life when I actually do wear a bit of makeup although I've never been much into the whole "full on" make up thing, although when it comes to give my face a bit of "life" there are some products that could fall into the following category...



If you are anything like me, then that means you have mostly oily skin, specially nowadays and since  I started using sunscreen everyday of my life, then with more reason I have to rely on the following products:

1.
First and foremost, the Clinique liquid facial soap (in my case for oily skin) it's got to be THE BEST soap for  faces eva'! It's mild enough but it leaves my face truly clean and feeling refreshed. 

Many times I've used other cleanser soaps that if I use toner after it I still find residue of the makeup in my face, but not with the Clinique soap, it leaves nothing but a clean feeling without over-drying my skin, it is fabulous!


2.
Other than the liquid facial soap I only have one truly "holy grail" product which is the Estee Lauder Bronzer Goddess...




What do I like about it? Well, it's matte but it still have a bit of shimmer, you can wear it over foundation or by itself, but mainly it doesn't give you an orange tone so it works with almost any face complexion.

So, if you've never tried bronzer but would like to venture into the world of color without the sun or perhaps you don't even use blush but still want to add some shade to your face, this is a must have on your makeup list, trust me, you won't be disappointed!

3.
And last but not least, although it's probably not consider a cosmetic per se, I have to go with plain and simple Vaseline!!!



I really use this stuff when it comes to cosmetic/beauty related; I use it as a  lipstick base as it makes my lips shine more, use it to remove eye makeup and I sometimes mix it with my night moisturizer and it helps clear out blemishes overnight!

But mostly I use Vaseline as mascara, ever since I used to have an allergy that will make my eyes swollen a lot, somebody recommended Vaseline instead of mascara and I've been using that ever since, it works great! 

Also I've heard that if you apply it to your eyelashes before going to bed, it's supposed to help your eyelashes grown thicker and fuller, still need to try that!

Well, that's it for me, as you can see I do not use a lot of cosmetics, but this products I will have a hard time living without....

How about you, any special "holy grails" cosmetics you wanna share with us?

7 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The only makup I use, is lipstick and sometimes mascara. Usually use a brand called "Nilens Jord" (Earth of the Nile), which is made in Denmark, and is without parabenes, perfume and other harmfull stuff. For perfume I use a natural oil with vanilla and lavender-oils. It smells like heaven, thought the scent doesn´t last that long compared to artificial perfumes. For hair and body I can really recommend the greek "Korres", which is also made from natural ingredients, and has different scents, which just makes you wanna stay in the bath/shower forever! :-))

sunshine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Anna E
Yes Anna E I have tried those "Korres" thanks to Joan and your description is perfect, they smell so heavenly that you wanna stay in the bath/shower forever!

Katrin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It is so hard to find a great facial cleanser! I have already tried so many!

Lin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I remember being 12 and being so excited that my mom was letting me use her Clinique cosmetics, haha. I'll have to stop by Macy's & see if I can get myself some of that face wash.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

the BEST mascara BAR NONE is L'Oreal's Voluminous!

meg @ you're meaghan me crazy! said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Vaseline as mascara? have never heard of that? do love it for a lip balm or an intense moisturizer.
thanks for linking up!

Martha Hokenson said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It's so hard to find a good non-orange bronzer, but once you find one it changes your life!!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails