Thursday, April 25, 2013

Random Thursday

Today I am linking back to



And today's topic is...


When it comes to splurging I guess it's pretty much genetically impossible for women to not do this every now and then, right?

And although I don't really consider myself a "big splurg-er" mainly because we don't have many options on this little island I do every now and then give it a go!

Lately I've seem to be very much into nail polish...


It's just that every time I see a cool color, I kinda have to have it, I mean there are so, so, so many colors out there nowadays, how could I not get them, right? Even if I am not into super well manicured nails, it's better to at least have to option to get them done if I feel like it, right?

I remember when I was a little girl, my Grandmother will always, I mean always will have her nails done, but back then the only colors around where pretty much, red and darker shades of red and perhaps silvery white for the tip or the design...

But nowadays, you can find pretty much any color imaginable to men kind, and I love it... So yeah, I tend to splurge on that.

Another think I feel that I am a big splurg-er is Gifts for family and friend... I seriously LOVE to give and whenever I am going away to visit family I tend to buy one too many gifts for people, to the point that my luggage is overweight even before I take the trip or even before I put my clothes in!

To give you an example, exactly 3 years ago to the day, my Mom turn 60 years old, I bought her 60 presents (you can read about it here), one for every year of her life....

It took me about 4 months to gather them all, most were small little token and other a bit bigger ones...

When I traveled to see her, I took a whole bag full of of the gifts (already packed) on the plane and because each gift was already packed I had to make a list with photos of every times so things would go smooth on security... it all made it and Mom loved everything I gave her (read about it here).

And I think that is it... Well, perhaps I also like dresses, shoes, I was once into scarves, but c'mon I live in a Caribbean Island where the average temperature is probably 80 degrees, LOL!

So, that's it for my Splurge items (I guess!)....

On a different note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMI, I love you with all my heart and you are a living Angel in my life!!!

Happy Thursday to all :)


5 commented; now it's your turn!:

Katrin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love that you gave your mom 60 birthday gifts! You are such a sweetheart!

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

A very happy birthday to your mom! That is so awesome that you gave her 60 gifts for her 60th birthday three years ago. I have been big on nail polish lately, too! There are so many fun colors to choose from.

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I remember when you got your Mom 60 gifts. That was very nice!
efficency nghanyyw
divinity tenthlyi

Lin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

First of all, nail polish rocks. I should probably do my nails more often :/

Secondly, you are amazing for giving your mom that many gifts. So sweet of you.

Thanks for linking up with us this week!

Martha Hokenson said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Nail polish rocks!! That's amazing that you put together that many gifts for your mom. What a pain to fly them all though!! It's a good thing you were so prepared, I probably wouldn't have been and then I would have missed my flight!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails