Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Island Living

Since I was a little girl I always wanted to live on an island, I love the ocean and nature and my dream was to live close to it. Being born and raised in CR you are usually in contact with nature and the ocean but Costa Rica is not an island.

Then life took me to several different places (Italy, Israel, Mexico) but never an island.

Until finally in 2005, life took care of my dream and brought me to the Cayman Islands... First I lived in the island of Cayman Brac for about 2 years and I loved it. A few months later that's where I meet my "lobster", fell in love and eventually moved to Grand Cayman to live close to him. I took me a while to get used to living here coming from Cayman Brac that is so small, relaxing and the feeling of community is very strong (since you meet pretty much the whole island population in a couple of months)...

Now I live here in Grand Cayman, it is a very nice island, a melting pot of cultures and with many differente activities and interests for pretty much everybody. Of course there are things that it doesn't have, like mountains (which by the way I really like and miss from my home country), rivers and snow (Thank God for that)... but we do have the amazing and beautiful Carribean Sea surrounding us with wonderful coral reefs and fishes. Unfortunately from time to time we also get visited by Hurricanes... but oh well, can't expect everything to be perfect, right?

Here's an aerial picture of the area of West Bay (where I live) that I took coming back from Florida last January. Enjoy!


0 commented; now it's your turn!:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails