Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sheba's Anniversary

Yesterday was our 1 year anniversary of the day we adopted/rescued our dog Sheba a.k.a Girly Girl.

Sheba on her first day with us

Life definitely changed quite a bit from having one dog to having two, everything doubles; the walks, the food, the vet bills, but so does the companionship, the fun times and specially the LOVE!

Like I said on my first post about How Sheba came to us, at the beginning when we got her it was not easy to get Ditto our other dog to get used to her, because of him being with us so many years he really didn't want to give up his kingdom, besides he was worried that he had to compete for food, attention and probably our love.

"Cayman Gladiators"- just doing some wrestling, playing!

Cause of this, we had a few encounters that were pretty scary, once when Sheba was on the "zone" of the fight even bite my husband, but not by attacking him, but because my husband used his arm to separate them. Most of the encounters were over food, treats and a couple of time because of toys... The last incident was over 3 months ago, so I guess I can say we live pretty much in harmony now!

Things started to get better though, I guess either Sheba started to understand that Ditto is the alpha dog or Ditto started acting more like it. Then we started taking them to obedience training and that helped as well.

Still Sheba is less than 2 yrs old, so she has a lot of energy, she is funny, active and extremely playful, loves to catch anything and if you don't want to play with her, she'll play by herself. But also she is very sweet, loving, love the beach and swimming in the ocean but also she is very much protective of the house.

Sheba at the beach

So, after a year, I really do believe that Ditto and Sheba are getting along real well, they play at time (even though Ditto is much older and not so much into playing any more), they keep each other company and even give each other kisses sometimes.

Sheba close up

I am very lucky to have them both and along with my husband make the perfect family for me! Looking forward to more years with the three of them by my side.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

3 commented; now it's your turn!:

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YAY! Happy dog birthday!!!! ADORABLE!

Jim Styro said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy Anniversary, Sheba.
(And I love your husband's haircut - seriously.)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They are so cute! I love the picture where the dog is in the bushes it's very pretty!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails