Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Foto

Friday is here and although I have to work tomorrow Saturday, the weather is being very beautiful so we have plans to go diving on Sunday.

I'm kind of ashamed that it is already Jan. 22 and I still haven't been diving yet this year, so my plans are to dive before the first month is over, so this makes me add 1 more year resolution; to dive at least one day a month (more if possible)... that's a nice one, I think!

Every year here on the island there is an arts festival call Cayfest and they have a photography competition that anybody (either professional or amateur) can enter (as long as you are a resident of the islands for over a year).

One of the categories is underwater photography and I've been contemplating entering it, so beside going through the underwater pictures I have, I still might have a chance to go diving some more for "the shot" and enter it, all before March 15 which is the deadline.

Looking through my pictures I found a few possible candidates and I was wondering what you guys think about the first 3 (will post more later): 


flamingo tongue snail


Stingray ballet

green moray eel

I would really appreciate your input on this, you never know I might have a shot, right???

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, that's a tough call. They're brilliant in each their way, but to me there'something almost cartoonish and surreal about the flamingo tongue snail... the shot seems a bit unusual, and that's what I'd go for in a competition. Colors are yummy too!

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ohhh beautiful! You totally should!!! I like the first one the best! Beautiful colors!

carnealian said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You should most definitely submit several photo's to Cayfest! From these three, it's a tough decision. The tongue snail photo is disorienting. I wasn't sure if it was under or above water and it has nice color. The rays...well that just screams Cayman Islands. The third one of the eel though is probably my favorite. I love the contrast of the color and textures in it. Good luck, and be confident! Your photos are lovely!!

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Stingray Ballet! That rhymes!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails