Sunday, June 27, 2010

R.I.P. Tita Lety

  my grandmother on her wedding day circa 1940

Today is a very sad day in my life, my grandmother Leticia (aka Tita Lety) passed away after years of being in very ill, so in reality yesterday was the end of her physical life but in spirit she was gone for few years already, she was 93 years old.

What makes me sad is not only that she is gone, but the fact that I have missed to share so many wonderful things with her for the past 4 years, specially my wedding day.

Last year in Aug. was the last time I saw her, at the time she had period of lucid intervals when she would say words or even recognize people, well that last time I visited her, she actually saw me and said my name; which to me is a sign that love doesn't get affected by any strokes or diseases of the body.

But that last visit made me realize that the grandmother that I grew up with, was long gone, and was left was only a shadow of the amazing woman she was; strong will, active, caring, loving and many more characteristics that made her unique.

I remember so much of my life around her, always caring, always taking care of me like an angel.

So, as of today I have another guarding angels taking care of me from heaven. God has received Tita Lety with open arms in heaven and from there she is looking after her loves one and spending eternal life with her youngest daughter (my mom) and her husband among others that have been called by God already.

I love you Tita and your memories, teachings and love will remain with me for as long as I live and when we meet in heaven I will give you that hug and kiss I am not able to give you now in physical life. Love you forever.
Your granddaughter, 

Mariasol

1 commented; now it's your turn!:

Janelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautifully written. Sorry for your loss.
Take care.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails