Monday, June 28, 2010

Saying goodbye

Lord, you have come to the seashore,
neither searching for the rich nor the wise,
desiring only that I should follow.

Refrain
O, Lord, with your eyes set upon me,
gently smiling, you have spoken my name;
all I longed for I have found by the water,
at your side, I will seek other shores.
Lord, see my goods, my possessions;
in my boat you find no power, no wealth.
Will you accept, then, my nets and labor?
Lord, take my hands and direct them.
Help me spend myself in seeking the lost,
returning love for the love you gave me.
Lord, as I drift on the waters,
be the resting place of my restless heart,
my life's companion, my friend and refuge.
The above song was my grandmother's favorite song to sing in church. 
Today if I even try to start singing it, I get all chocked up and tears start coming down my eyes.
Today, at home, right about this time while I write this, most of my family is gathering to say goodbye to my grandma for the last time. 
In a way I feel sad that I am not able to be there with her, but also I know it is going to be a very emotional and hard day for many of us to say goodbye to the pillar of my family.

From here I pray that God gives strength and serenity to everybody that is there today to honor such a wonderful woman, pay their respects and pray for her amazing soul to be close to Him enjoying his glory.

I love my grandmother, she was and will always be a very big and important part of my life and who I am, it makes me sad to think that I will never hear her voice again, get to hug her and look into her eyes, but it makes me happy to know she is in the best of places close to God.

God Bless you Tita Lety, today and forever, I LOVE YOU!

3 commented; now it's your turn!:

Heart2Heart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sunshine,

It's so sad when the passing of a loved one into the arms of our Savior and Lord has to come to pass and I pray that God sends His Spirit to comfort you all and provide the peace and love in sharing in times spent remembering her and the wonderful legacy she has left behind in the hearts of all who knew her.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That was an amazing tribute! You are a wonderful person to talk about her as you did.

sunshine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you Kat and Maggie, she was a wonderful woman that loved everybody and specially God, having her in my life is truly a blessing and now having her closer to God is even a bigger blessing because I know she is at peace.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails