Thursday, October 14, 2010

a flash of global joy!

Yesterday was a pretty amazing day for 33 miners, but also for their families, friends, the country of Chile and even the rest of the world as we watched them being rescued.

I didn't really followed much of what was going on during the time they were trapped, I knew it was going on and I felt really bad for them and their situation and although I don't consider myself claustrophobic, I am sure I will have a hard dealing with something like this was to happen to me.

capsule in which the miners traveled about 15min back to the surface

On the other hand my husband was constantly keeping track of what was going on and even posting on his blog about it several times. Even the night before (Tuesday) when we were watching the local news he got irate because they said that the miners were already rescued when in fact the rescue wasn't even started yet...

when there still about 8 left to be rescued
I am just in general very happy with the outcome of their situation, that people have been making so much effort to take them out safe and sound, and I cannot even start to imagine the feelings of their family member to embrace them one more time...

rescued miner #25 hugging his wife
So in a time when you turn on the news and it's mostly all about violence, war, terrorism and many other human tragedies, I believe the rescue of those miner was a definitely flash of global joy.

With God taking care of them down there for about 70 days (the longest ever record of somebody survive trapped underground) and the perseverance of the rescue team as well as the government of Chile, this had the best outcome possible.

I can stop thinking about how much joy those miners feel today after seeing the light of day again, to hug a loved one and for something as basic as having a bed to sleep in, God Bless them and their families as well as all of the people that helped physically and with prayers!

Let's all have a wonderful day!!!



2 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I watched the last two being pulled up and have to admit that it drew tears for them and all the miner's families. What a miracle that they were found and brought up to the surface! ...debbie

Heart2Heart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sunshine,

I loved watching this true life miracle unfolded before the eyes of the world. What's even more amazing is the fact that two of those men in the mine actually gave their lives to Jesus during the time they were trapped and many more of the families that waited on the surface found God in those days as well.

Just goes to show how God can use any circumstance for His glory.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails