Tuesday, October 12, 2010

STOP and think...

What feelings do you get when you see these images?

tenderness?

happiness or freedom?
wonder?
love?
Well, how about the feelings of guilt, shame, sadness and regret?

Sounds like weird feeling to describe those beautiful bunnies, right? Well not really.

I believe these should be the feelings that us humans should have towards rabbits (as well as many other species of animals) nowadays. And all because we are still using and abusing many species (including rabbits) by performing lab testings on them, and all  for the soul purpose of our own enjoyment of many products that are available in the market, like soaps, cleaners, fragrances and specially cosmetic products.

If you were to do a search for google images of animals testing, I am sure it would be like watching a scary movie, in fact probably worst, because in movies mostly is people who get killed or abuse and not so much animals.

Why are we still doing this?

click here for another very useful list of do and don't animal testing companies
If you would like a list of the current product on the market that still do animal testing please click here.

I know for a fact that only awareness about this sort of issues make a difference, I myself stopped buying shampoo, first because of the chemicals on it and also because most manufactures of such products do animal testing on them, now I make my own shampoo and I love it!

Although, I have to admit that it's so hard and frustrating when (like in my case), you live on a place where not many products are available, so basically you either buy the product from companies that abuse animals and test products on them or you don't.

But, there's always the option of becoming greener, it's all about choices. With the kind of information available to us through the internet I believe if you want, you can make a difference. Down the road it's also better to not have so many chemicals in your life; it's better for the environment, better for your health but also for the health of many animals out there... So, NO demand, NO market, that's why we should STOP and think to start making a difference.

Just some FFT (food for thought!)...  Have a nice day!

6 commented; now it's your turn!:

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They should use prisoners instead of rabbits

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Mark! I think you hit the nail on the head. We've got plenty, so lets start using our natural resources...debbie

Heart2Heart said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sunshine,

I completely agree with you. There is no reason to test products on animals. If testing is involved, we probably shouldn't be using the product anyway. Great post! You can also go to PETA and get a list of companies that don't test their products on animals.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow, don't get me started on that. Once started a study to become a zoo keeper, but stopped again since I found the part of the study that relates to animal testing utterly unacceptable. I can't believe it's even part of the curriculum. It's totally unnecessary as there are proven alternatives to test on today. But if you think this is bad, then read this post I found yesterday (http://lovingforaliving.blogspot.com/2010/10/sometimes-good-guys-win-ban-on-crush.html) It almost left me gasping for air at the thought of how evil humans can be.

kriznizzel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello from mingle monday, Really like your blog :)

Janelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was actually trying to explain this to my son today when they were showing a rat on the news, followed by babies, talking about medical testing...very confusing! And really made me think about it.

I'd be interested in figuring out how to make my own shampoo, but probably wouldn't have the patience! I'll have to look up a recipe.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails