Friday, December 17, 2010

It's a wonderful time...

...to have soup!

Yesterday was the first day in a few days that it wasn't very cold at night. Lately it's been around late 60's and that for us here in the Caribbean is quite cold. Of course I know that temperatures are all relative, I do not mean to say it's really cold if I compare it to places like Minnesota, but still, for us that we live in t-shirts, shorts and flip flops that is quite chilly.

Anyway, last night I came home I decided to prepare my favorite soup which is "Cream of Mushroom Soup" so today I am going to share this super easy, wonderful recipe.


Ingredients:

1 lb (16oz) fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3 tbsp of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup of half and half
1 can (14oz) chicken broth
1 tbsp dry sherry, if desired
Freshly ground pepper

1. Slice enough mushrooms to measure 1 cup. Chop remaining mushrooms.

2. In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook sliced and chopped mushrooms in butter about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are golden brown. Sprinkle with flour and salt. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.

3. Gradually stir in half and half and broth; heat until hot. If using sherry add now. Sprinkle with pepper. Enjoy!

When I make this soup I also like to make grilled cheese sandwiches to complement it, works out great!

Tomorrow is finally Saturday but I have to work and instead I am getting Monday off as my husband's cousins from Ohio are visiting the island on a cruise ship for a few hours, I am very excited to see them and spend a little time with them.

Wishing everybody a wonderful weekend and if anybody decides to give my recipe a try, please let me know about the results!!!


4 commented; now it's your turn!:

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't know you were taking pics of my soup!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yummy, soup looks mighty good! Thanks for the recipe!! Might just try that! looks pretty easy! How nice you are getting visitors! I love company! Where in Ohio do they live?! Ohio is just across the river from us! Sorry your having 60 degree weather...can't say I'm feelin real sorry for you...I'm sick of 18. Seems to be the magic number here! Bah Humbug! Have a great Wednesday and enjoy your visitors!! ...debbie

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am with ya sista! Chilly is chilly! Especially when you are used to living in warm! It is 60 today and I am LOVING it...normally I would complain that it is a tad chilly, BUT it has been in the 20's for almost a week, so I will take this sudden and strange change of temperature with a smile!

Joey Y said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

A wonderful and easy recipe! Will try this one day, I promise :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails