Tuesday, June 28, 2011

are u talking to me?

Have you ever had a conversation with somebody and once it's finished, you realized that the person completely mistaken you for somebody else?!?

In my case, it happened. Once at work we volunteer to help out with an local event, after the event was finished with picked up the inventory that was left, took it back to the store and then in the following days proceed to count it.

Well, after all was done, this girl comes upstairs and asks for Sue (the manager)... well that's obviously not my name, but being that one of my nicknames is Sol (short for Mariasol), in all honestly (and being that the girl was from some very remote area of Scotland and with a pretty strong Scot accent), I heard her said Sol.

So, we talked, she thanked me for the work and all we did for them (which in a way, I was part of it) and gave me a little thank you note on an envelope, so as she walked out I starting walking towards my desk, I look down to the envelope and I read it says: Sue.



What an idiot, it wasn't me who she was looking for, but Sue (which she's obviously never met before).

All of the sudden I felt the heat rising up on my body and the embarrassment taking over me.

I felt s o b a d....

But of course, before I made matters worst, immediately told my boss, she laughed and said, well, you better call her, explain and tell her "you are not me, even though deep inside you wish you were", LOL!!!

So I did call her and explained, she totally understood and a few days later came back to the store to actually thank Sue in person.

Yes, it wasn't the proudest moment of my life, but I survived it... Has something like this ever happened to you? Hope not... but if so, tell me about it!

Have an awesome day!!!!

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

No, it never happened to me. But it makes me think of another funny incidens: Once I had a girlfriend, whose father was a polititian in the danish Parlament. Part of what he did in his spare time, was being part of a small team of "actors" in a humoristic summer-acting-tour (we call it Revy in Denmark, don´t know the english word for it). Once his female partner got ill, and he asked me, if I wanted to take her place and come and do a show with him! Being a bit of an "excentic" sometimes, I said yes, and so we spend some hours practising the songs and acts - in a room in the building of the parlament!! Finally we did the show in a remote part of Denmark, and just because I was with a famous polititian, everybody wanted to take pictures of us together for the newspaper and so forth. So I was not mistaken for someone else, but I surely felt like a different person, suddenly being "famous" in little Denmark ;-))

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Earlier this week, I saw someone I knew at the beach. I started talking to him, hows it going? How you doing? etc etc. Then as the conversation ended, I said "I added you as a friend on Facebook, and if you ever need a dive buddy, send me a FB message"
He said he wasn't on FB and I realized I wasn't talking to who I thought I was....

bobo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ha! At least no harm was done :)

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

No none made a deliberate mistake and honestly, how were you to know. A strong Scottish accent can sound like black talk, seriously!! :-) I've only tried it on a few occassions with old people with poor sight LOL.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails