Monday, June 27, 2011

Past few days

The end of a nice weekend, can only mean the beginning of a good week.

The past few days, I had time to:

1. Spend it with friends. On Friday me and a group of girlfriends had a "Girls Bowling Night" and we had a fabulous time.


2. Finally after months of trying to start up the process to become a volunteer for a good cause, I believe I am finally in the right track.

On Saturday I received my very first training on Child Sexual Abuse which is a very important requirement to become a volunteer mentor for a little girl with the program Big Brothers & Big Sisters of the Cayman Islands.

I find this to be a great opportunity for me to help, teach, inspire and hopefully bring joy to the life a little girl and by this fulfilling my own with the chance to make a difference in another person life!

3. The weather was nice. We had some sun and we had some rain. When it rained at times it poured and it kind of made me feel that the Hurricane Season is really upon us, hoping for no storms in the coming months.

4. Yesterday Sunday, I went back to Church again after a few months. It was great to be around people that are really committed to their faith and although I am a firm believer that building a faith and a relationship with God doesn't necessary mean you have to go to church every Sunday, I do know that God gives me so much, so an hour of mass a week is not even giving him back half of that he blesses me with every day.

On another note, today marks the 1st Anniversary of my Grandmother's (Leticia) death. I think of her often and wonder how she is and where she is.

I can't really say I miss her because after she had her stroke she was in a bed for a pretty long time. So, I do miss the Grandmother that saw me grown, teach me about God and Life, but not the one that past away a year ago.

I still miss her and I know for a fact she looks after me, because she always did while alive, so there's no doubt in my mind that being closer to God, she is doing an even better job. God Bless you Tita wherever you are, I love You!

Have a wonderful Monday and rest of the week...

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

bobo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like a great weekend, I'm sure it will translate into a great week.

That's a great thing you're doing joining the Big Brothers & Big Sisters. I'm sure your Grandmother would be proud :)

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Always looks like you're having so much fun! And the volounter work sounds utterly brilliant. What an opportunity!
I'm sure your beloved Grandmother is looking over you. I'm a firm believer in this.

Joey Y said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hi Sunshine, I just back from a holiday. I have just finished unpacking, finally have time to blog hopping :D

Great to hear you becoming a volunteer! It's always good to plant good deeds :)

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so moving to read, Sunshine, how you want to help those little girls. You will surely make such a difference, and make a "mark" in anothers life. Look forward to hear more, if you want to share it.
And your grandmother, I´m sure she will always be there for you, aren´t we lucky to have such love and protection from those no longer living on earth, but still alive somewhere else?
Love and support for you.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails