Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Grand Pumpkin Island

Yesterday I visited my very first pumpkin patch, right here in the Caribbean Island of Grand Cayman [believe it or not].

Of course, this pumpkin patch isn't an actual pumpkin plantation, but one patch at a nursery, still very much worth visiting!


I managed to pick 3 awesome pumpkins that I brought home to carve for the very first time!

By the time I got home it was getting kind of late, so we only managed to carved one each.


So being my first time carving a pumpkin, I was very excited so I got right to it...


Meanwhile my husband carved his own with our dog Sheba paying close attention to the process...


And now for the final result... [Insert drum roll here]


Pretty nice result, eh? I loved carving my very first pumpkin, I am going to try and carve the last one of the three tomorrow... Hoping for better weather although Hurricane Rina is roaming the neighborhood, hopefully it will stay away from our little island.

Well, I guess we are ready for Halloween.... Happy Tuesday : )

3 commented; now it's your turn!:

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are very fortunate indeed to have such excellent tutelage on punkin carving for your first attempt.

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

They look great! I love carving pumpkins. Fingers crossed that the hurricane misses you!

Jayme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello, I'm here from Mingle Monday. I would have never thought about there not being pumpkins on an island like that. It's such a common thing here in the states that I just assumed everywhere had them!

Happy Monday!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails