Tuesday, January 24, 2012

3 day weekend

Yesterday was a holiday here, Heroes Day.

In my case I didn't do anything particularly heroic, but lay down to catch some rays, swim in the "ool" until my fingers appeared to be about 50 years older than the rest of my body and of course finished up a couple of more crochet project.

One of the project was my version of an "Angry Bird" Bennie Hat, I made it using the Kids Owl Hat pattern (photo I shared a couple of days ago), and then did my very own version of the face... I think it came our pretty good, waddaya think?


On Saturday night I had some friends over for dinner and they both fell in love with my hat, now they both want me to make one for them, perhaps when I come back from CR in February I will get around to do it... And also my husband asked for an "Angry Bird" hat but he wants the black bird that explodes!

During this past 3 days I also had some good quality time with the kitties and here are some updated pictures of them...

BTK "wagging" her tail

mouth-full
Little One expecting more food
 
Dinner time
Last project of the long weekend was another potholder to take home to my Mom this coming February, here's the pictures (unfortunately I took the picture at night so the colors are not quite right).

I am planning to make yet one more for my aunt and then perhaps in late Feb. I will be giving one away right here... so stay tuned!

Have a great Tuesday!!!

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love your angry bird hat!! You could probably make a lot of them and sell them! they are the craze these days. Nice to see all 6 of your kitties! They are so cute! AND I LOVE THE POTHOLDER!! It is just beautiful!! wow! ...debbie

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can understand why the hats are so popular - they are way cute (and so is your hairdo - love it!). I can't believe the progress with the kitties - that's fantastic!
xo

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The kitties look great and so do your projects! You are so talented, and I love, love the potholder!

jean said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sunshine, you've got talent! Looove the hat and the potholder!! So cute! and the hat looks good on you. Love the kitties, too. I do believe Mark is loving them, too. With his bandaged knee and all :) Hope it's getting better.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails