Monday, January 23, 2012

come ride with me...

Saturday's visit with Yanique to the Equestrian Club was fun, I think she had a good time although she did mention at the end that she much rather go swimming, so we already made plans to go to the beach next time.

Yanique riding one of the horses

Sometimes I am kind of concern that there are very few activities for kids on this island, perhaps it's because I am not used to "having kids" to take care of- that I cannot come up with ideas, and although going swimming sounds good, I don't think the program is about doing the same thing over and over. So, I explained to her that we needed to try different activities!

I know she is looking forward to come to our house and meet our dogs, by the end of Feb. she should be allowed to come over (3 months after the program starts), so that will make her happy.

Yanique also mentioned that her favorite flower is the Sunflower, so on Saturday I went to the nursery and picked up a pack of Sunflower seeds, I am planning to call her Mom this week and ask her for permission to plant them in her yard by Yanique's room window, I think it would be fun for her to look after the flowers and watch them grown and bloom... hopefully her Mom will say yes!

Again going back to the Equestrian Club, here are some more images of that morning activity...

Yanique and Lulu (the donkey)

getting ready to ride the pony

the goats and the kids had a great time together
In another note, today is the celebration of the Chinese New Year for the Year of the Dragon... So, in order to welcome the year right I just finished an amigurumi Dragon, that I've named "Puff" the magic dragon, here he is.


Now, with "Puff" on our side we should "Enter the Dragon" year with certainty that only good things will come our way... Happy Chinese New Year to all Asian's and those who celebrate it too!!!

8 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovely dragon!! :-)
Concerning Yanique: I don´t know if there are certain requests in the "programme" you mention, like certain activities. But being a mother myself, here is my mind about what you write: First of all I can see on the first picture, that Yanique looks like she has made a "connection" with you. And her being honest about what she would prefer to do (swimming) is a goog sign. From my own experience I feel, that children often just want to be together with grown ups who gives them attention and nearness and warmth. What you do doesn´t matter that much. Often we have a weekend, where we just relax, go for a walk, talk, play a game of chess or cards, and maybe watch a video and talk about it afterwards. Often we think that children need lots of "activities", but that´s often not the case at all. Just being with you, and swimming or visiting your house, will make such a differen impact in her life. So dont worry about not enouth children activities on the island. What did children do before someone "invented" all the stuff they are supposed to like doing?? :-)
By the way, did you ever recieve my christmas card?

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The dragon is cool!
Looks like fun with the animals too!
I think that no matter where you live, it seems like there's not much to do.

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like another great weekend making Yanique smile. She is so fortunate to have you in her life! I love your dragon, too!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Even though Yanique likes to swim better than ride horses, your doing a really good thing by exposing activities that she would not normally be able to do. I like the idea of planting of Sunflowers under her window. That's a really neat thing! Who doesn't like to watch flowers grow! I love your purple dragon!! He is very, very cute!! ...debbie

kelsie tribble said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful blog! New follower from Mingle Monday and I can't wait to keep reading!

Mei said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I just wanted to say that I love your banner! I'm a big fan of underwater photography and do it every chance I get!
I'm glad you had such a fun adventure, the year of the dragon is going to rock. :)
I'm stopping by from Meg's Mingle Monday, have a super week!

Colleen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Puff is adorable!!! I think when Yanique gets to come to your house, you can do crafts with her. She might like that!!

Horse Lovers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Patience is important for any learning process. When individuals are being taught how to stay on top of an animal, they should not be in a hurry and wait till they have enough skills. Lack of patience may expose one to careless mistakes that could cause accidents.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails