Friday, January 27, 2012

monkeying around...

For those that didn't know we have monkeys in the Cayman Islands...

Well, we don't!


Although our cat Shadows seems to think that he is one.

A few days ago I decided to collect all the little piece of yard left from my projects and put them in a little basket for birds to grab the piece and use them in their nests.

So far no bird have decided to go for it, but as soon as Shadow noticed the basket, he was completely decided to reach it and check it out...

But that little adventure didn't last very long, as the branch I put the basket on is pretty straight so he was unable to reach it.

 
I guess it's kind of common for cats to climb trees? I really dunno because I've never really had any outdoor cats before- well my Mom's cat Lea is an outdoor cat but their property is so big that no one can really tell what she is up to most of the time, perhaps climbing trees?

Maybe this next week that I will be in Costa Rica- YES, we are leaving on Wed. for 10 days- I will try to keep track of Lea and learn more about the behavior of outdoor cats... or maybe not!

Well, the weekend is almost here, tomorrow I plan to spend the morning with Yanique, I got the o.k. from her Mom to plant some Sunflowers, so we will do that first and then off to the beach, hopefully it would be nice weather to do some snorkeling with her!

Hope everybody has a nice weekend and that the weather wherever you are is nice enough to enjoy the weekend to the max!!!!

Have a good one : )


 

6 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cats LOVE to climb trees!!! Barney is a great tree climber. He flies up the trees in hopes of catching birds and squirrels. He's fallen out of the tree by the house 3 times. Two times I caught him, the third time he fell, but landed on his feet so all was well....debbie

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sunshine, it´s such wonderful pictures and "story": The first picture cheeted me, since I thought it WAS a monkey untill I saw the next two photos :-)) Cats surely are such magical and wonderful creatures, I think you´ll miss them whilst you are in CR. Have a lovely weekend and a great trip back home to your family. Weather here is really cold, frost and windy, no sunshine, so I have to force myself out for a walk every day, in warm winter boots and a huge coat. So brrr, looking forward to summertime.. :-)

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ha ha, that is too funny! I have only had indoor cats, but I know that cats do like to climb, so I guess that's why they love trees. Have a great weekend, and how exciting that your trip is coming up so soon!

bobo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well don't firefighters have to bring down cats that've been stuck in a tree? At least that's what tv and movies have led me to believe!

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cats can get up, but they always can't get down, that's why the Fire Department has ladder trucks!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

hahaha! You really got me there! Loved the entry! I love your banner!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails