Monday, September 3, 2012

Dude, where is my car?

A few weeks ago I started playing with the idea of selling my car, reason why? It's got some minor rust issues and the engine is not in the best of shapes.

The last time I had it serviced (along with our other little car), the mechanic told me that I should consider selling it.

Since he said that, the idea is been running around my head. Well, on Wednesday I decided to put it up for sale, and guess what? It sold in 2 days!!!

my car is the Honda CRV 2001
Here on the island, there are two main free classified website where everybody goes to sell or buy items, this is where I also sold my wedding dress!

The gentleman buying the car gave me a deposit to hold it and the deal should be finished today or tomorrow, I have already signed the release of the car I need to stop my insurance.

So, perhaps after today I am going to be driving the little Mitsubishi until I find another car, but I am considering this two options:

A Mitsubishi Outlander 2004.

 
And a Hyundai Santa Fe 2005.


I have talked with the sellers of both cars but I haven't seen any, perhaps this afternoon or tomorrow... wish me luck!

In unrelated news, I have started my very first "apparel" crochet project, I am doing the wrap up swimsuit cover-up, so far I only have 1 of the 4 squares...


I think the colors I chose are very appropriate for the beach/summer, right?

Well, hope everybody had a nice weekend and those that are in the USA are enjoy the long Memorial Day weekend.

Happy Monday!




9 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It´s a lovely pattern, and the "square" looks nice and cuddly :-)
Congrats with selling your car! We´ve got a 25 year old car (bought it 11 years ago), and it has cost soooo much in reparations, we might almost have bought a new car for all that money!... Well, we hope it can last another year or two, but my DH often looks for a new one at the internet. Buying a totally new one, including insurances, would almost be possible IF my husbond stops smoking!!! So I hope that could motivate him...and the colour? My daughters and I have fallen in love with a magenta pink/red car, then we don´t mind what kind of car it is LOL ;-D

Sarah Leonard said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Good job on selling the car! Second hand cars seem to sell like wildfire at the mo. Must be the economic times I guess.

Plus your crocheting is lovely. The colours work so well together.

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would stick with Honda...sorry but I love them!

I am driving a 2001 Civic EX with only 26,000 miles. The body will go before the car will!

sunshine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I know Caren, Honda's are good cars unfortunately if I want to upgrade to a newer model than what I currently have, it's out of my budget :(

Rachel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's awesome that you were able to sell your car so quickly! I know sometimes it can take a while. I'm hoping that my and my husbands slightly older cars last a while because I'm not looking forward to the car-shopping process!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hello:)

I found your blog on "Mingle Monday"
First off love your two pups, soooo adorable!

and I have a Hyundai Sante Fe 2005 exact color, and I absolutely love it, my favorite thing about it is all the room it provides! (I have two big dogs myself)

Good luck on your new car, and I am your newest follower:)

xo
Hallie

http://lifeoceanside.blogspot.com

Kerstin Shed said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How old was your Honda CRV before you sold it? Maybe the problem with it was that its age was catching up to its performance. So it was a good move to sell it rather than to have it fixed repeatedly. For your new car, I would root for the Hyundai. It’s a good car if you like to travel.

Maria Wegner said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You were able to sell your car that quick? Great job! I want to know how you showcased your vehicle. I’m sure you did everything that you can to have a buyer as soon as possible. I think that’s what a seller must do if you really want someone to buy your car. You make sure that your potential buyer will get attracted to your car and see its value.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't believe you sold your car in only 2 days. I really want to sell me car but I need a new engine and no one wants to buy a car that doesn't run. I might have to trade it in. I am going to chevy in Grand Rapids this week and hopefully they will accept my trade in. That is my biggest concern. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails