Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Found my Kitty!

When I first move to the Cayman Island through the CI Humane Society I adopted a beautiful kitty of just a couple of weeks old, one of about 5 that were found on the side of the road by themselves because their mother got killed by a car.

This was a completely new experience for me, she barely had her eyes open and because she was so small I had to bottle feed her for a couple of days, then I had to teach her how "evacuate", how to go from formula to wet food and then eventually dry food.
Tica in 2005

So, having the opportunity to do this with such a small animal made the bond between us very strong and wonderful. And that's the story of how I got my cat Tica. She lived with me most of my time in the island of Cayman Brac from 2005 to when I moved to Grand Cayman in Sept. of 2006.

Then we got to Grand Cayman and I moved into this small apartment. Well, one day when I was at work and Tica was home, she was by the window and somehow the screen broke and she fell out of the house and by the time I got home from work a couple of hours later she was GONE!

Oh man, just writing about this brings back so many sad memories of that day. This day and the day that one of my dogs got run over by a car are in my top 5 saddest days in my life. The pain of thinking that she was all by herself, no food, no roof and probably super scared. We had less than a month at this place and plus she was indoor cat so she definitely didn't know the area to even come back.

I miss Tica every day of my life, and every now and then when I see a cat that looks like her I try to imagine that she was found and was giving a good home with love, food and specially treats that she loved so much!

Today I came across this wonderful video on the internet and I decided that this might be Tica and now when I think of her I'm going to imagine this is her getting all this love, besides this cat even looks like Tica!



1 commented; now it's your turn!:

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Awww, that makes me sad! I love all my kitties so much! That is most certainly Tica.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails