Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wednesday Movie Post & More...


"The Soloist", it's a captivating movie with performances by Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx. The movie is based on the true story of an LA Times writer (Downey Jr.) that meet and incredibly talented but homeless Man (Foxx) and decided to learn more about this persons life (his talent and the reason why he ended up living in the streets after even having an opportunity in the past to do something with his talent but decided to dropped it all) to write a series of columns on the paper about him.

Even though this movie can be consider a sad story, it makes you think about how relative everything in life really is, as Foxx's character is homeless but also sees his situation as an opportunity to cherish the city and the outside, and on the other side there comes a point where Downey's character try to help him "get back in" (I guess back to society, and living a "normal" life) just because that is his concept of having a good life...

So I ask myself, how do we know it's worst to not have almost anything, living on the streets without attachment compared to having a s**t lots of stuff that maybe we don't even need and that makes us slaves of a society always wants to fulfill our ego??? Like the late Bob Marley said in one of his many wonderful lyrics, "Every need has an ego to feed".

I really recommend watching this movie, it's a great story that makes us appreciate life even more, what we have and opportunities that come in life and that we should not waste, it also makes us appreciate true friendship, and I specially need to mention one line at the end of the movie which is something like this "experts say that by just being somebody's friend, it can change the chemistry of your brain"... Not sure if it's true but it sounded nice.


In a different note, I had to share with you that the Caribbean Sea it's so unbelievably calm tthis morning that it's hard to tell where the sea ends and the horizon starts. I took a picture right in front of work and even thought it doesn't show as well as reality, it's pretty close.

 
Happy Hump Day!!!

2 commented; now it's your turn!:

Janelle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've been wanting to see that movie but thought it might be too sad. I'll check it out!

The sea is beautiful! Such a life you have there in the tropics, did I mention, I'm jealous!!

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

First of all, if that was outside of my work, I would NEVER work. That is crazy beautiful!

Secondly, I enjoy your movie reviews. We are always trying to figure out what to watch when we rent movies...this will be helpful!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails