Wednesday, May 25, 2011

E.T. phone home...

With only twenty days left on my photo challenge, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, LOL!

It's amazing how fast 100 days go by, but if I was to take a 100 day vacation, I am sure those days would go by much, much faster!

Today's photo challenge day 80 is to post- Your favorite childhood movie.

Although there are a few movies that might fall into this category, I believe the one that deserves my number one spot is not other than;

This movie is simply unique and wonderful; full of mystery, adventure and childhood emotions.

When I first watched this movie I was only 5 years old, and although at the time it scared me a little, it also opened my eyes to a wonderful world that even now as an adult I would like to believe in.

This movie made me laugh and made me cry; the connection and friendship that Elliot (specially) and Gertie develop with E.T. is stronger that most people can ever develop with an actual human being, and that is very special!!!

If I was to ever be visited or encounter an extra terrestrial, I sure would like it to be just like E.T.

Now after writing this post I feel like watching the movie again, I might do that this weekend!!!

So, how about you? Do you have any favorite childhood movies that bring back nice memories?

Have an extra terrestrial day!!!

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well, I was a little older when I watched ET, but I absolutely loved ET too. Before that I also loved Encounter of the 3rd kind... always loved that kind of movies.
P.S. So exellent to hear of your growing kitty family. Today I got to pet two of my feral garden kitties at the same time... It's taken 4 months but loyalty to them always pays off eventually. It's seriously thrilling!!

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I´ll never forget the first time I went to see a movie in a cinema; I was around 6-7 years old and had won a ticket to a film about a dolphin called Flipper. My mother took me by bus to the large city (grew up in a small village), where she promised me to wait right outside the cinima! I don´t know if the film was only open to those children that had won a ticket, but it was surely strange to be in that big theatre without my parents! Anyway, the film made a big impression, but what I remember even clearer was, that after the movie had finished, we went out of another door than the one, where we entered - so I was SO scared if my mother would ever find me there, in the backyard..! Of course she did, phew..
I also saw ET, and was/am very fascinated by the idea of life somewhere else than on our planet. I´m absolutely certain, there are places, which are just as beautiful, and much safer, than where we live now. So who knows, perhaps we actually have had encounters with "ET" or someone alike..
Thanks so much for your lovely, supporting comment on my blog today - gives me strengt to go on ;-))

The Future Was Yesterday said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Childhood my ass!:) I **still** love ole E.T.!

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Never saw it.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails