Friday, May 20, 2011

F is for Friend & Friday!

"Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"

-Edna Buchanan-

Today's photo challenge (which by the way it's already) day 75, it's about posting a picture of me and a friend. In my case I've decided to post a picture of two of my best girl friends and me!

Aracely (on the left with the green top)and Claudia (in the pink pointy ears, wearing her chef jacket).
The picture was taken back in 2004 when I was living in Tulum, Mexico. This particular night we went to this local bar where they had an "Alux" Party (Aluxes for the Mayans are some sort of elves) so you were supposed to wear pointy ears.

Anyway, going back to the girls, they are both great friends, loyal, trustworthy, fun and the kind of friends that are always there for you (even if we are miles a part).

When I left Mexico in 2005 I still stayed in touch with both of them. Five years later (last July 2010) when we went back for a holiday and I got to see them again, it was like time never passed and it was the same wonderful friendship we've always had.

Although I miss spending time with them, our friendship is one of a kind and in a way they are my Mexican sisters!!! I love them both :)

Oh, and by the way, talking about one of a kind friendships, have you seen the following video? It's a wonderful display of animal connection and friendship, enjoy!!!


Well, today is Friday and I can't wait to have a nice, relaxing weekend... Wishing you the same!

Happy Friday! : )

2 commented; now it's your turn!:

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You look good as a Vulcan! Live long and prosper!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You and your friends, do indeed look elf-like!! I loved the video! How cool is THAT??!! How sweet!...debbie

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails