Thursday, May 19, 2011

look what I found

When I was a little girl, I had this thing about not being able to fall sleep with the lights on. I would see monsters coming out of the shadows of the furniture. I thought something was out to get me and if the lights were on I would see this horrific monster full face, coming right at me.

So for a few months my Mom would have to turn off the light and stay with me, sitting on my bed making sure that I fall sleep and that no monsters were out to get me. I made her promise me that she will be checking on me every so often even after I had fallen sleep.

Fortunately for my Mom I never had any problem falling sleep so she basically stayed about 2 minutes and maybe return to check on me only once or twice (as I am a pretty hard sleeper)! Months went by and then I was able to fall right to sleep without the lights off and on my own.

So once I had the lights on and off figure out, them it came the fear of a monster under the bed. At the time I would literary stand by the door of my room, take enough impulse and then jump right on the bed without touching the floor at all, that way the monster had no chance on getting me by the feet!

image @ Joshua Hoffine
Then one day I made the big mistake of letting my brother convince me into watch Rosemary's Baby and by then my monster moved from under my bed to behind the shower curtain (thanks Bro, owe you one!).

So to make sense out of this post, today's photo challenge Day 73 calls for- A picture of something you found under your bed. 

Well, believe it or not there's is nothing under my bed right now (well, besides dust). A few weeks ago I actually did a massive cleanse under there and mainly what I found was the odd sock I been missing and a couple of pairs of shoes, but no monsters!!! (maybe is because of the fact that we have two ferocious dogs to protect us at night!).

So, yeah, although I am relieve to say we do not have any strange creatures under there, I'm also happy to know no mundane things either!

How about you, have you check what's under your bed lately??? You better check and make sure, LOL!

Have a great Thursday!

3 commented; now it's your turn!:

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ah... those horrible old monsters and boogeymen! Though I never heard of having the fear with the lights on!! I don't know anyone who hasn't had a fear of that kind. And aren't your bro a hoot!?!? Just what was needed at that time (not!!!). I think horror movies kept me more awake than anything else. Anyhow... so glad to hear there's nothing under your bed (monster or other LOL). That's very good Feng Shui to not have clutter under your bed to disturb your sleep! These days I'm most likely to find a kitty there :-)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those arms would scare me to death. I was going to show Madison, but decided not too! Just in case she'd freak out and cry tonight...didn't want her mom hollerin' at me!! lol...debbie

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wellllll, some would say you live with two dogs and one very strange creature!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails