Wednesday, May 18, 2011

let's do lunch?

Today's photo challenge comes at a very appropriate time, as day 73 requires to post a picture of my lunch.

In my case, I've been on a diet for almost 3 weeks and I'm sort of using Bob Green's The Best Life Diet. I bought the book a few weeks ago, read it from beginning to end and now I am really putting lots of effort to eat healthy, eat well portion sizes, add some exercise and still enjoy life as much as possible.

So lately I've been really health conscious. I've increased the amount of fruit and vegetables I eat every day, decrease the sugar, refine carbohydrates and even joined a gym where I go use the treadmill and walk about 2 miles (1/2 an hour) at least 3 times a week, yey for me!!!!

Now, here's the picture of today's lunch...

The menu? Well, since you've asked, I got: Whole Wheat Turkey & Spinach Lasagna, Baby Carrots and Mango Avocado Quinoa Salad, yummy!!!

I guess the hardest part for me when it comes to diet, is to get home in the evenings and plan a healthy yummy meal, some times I am so tired that I don't want to cook at all so we end up getting pizza (frozen or delivery) or even cooking massive amounts of pasta...

But not anymore, I am making a HUGE effort to actually plan meals in advance and buy many, many fresh natural ingredients to have a nutritious evening meal, also I am sticking to a cutting time of 7:30pm as the last time to have my meal, as Bob says it's better to have dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed.

So, what's for lunch on your side of the world? Hope it's something good and yummy, bon appettit!

Have a great Wednesday!

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

yumm...looks real scrumptious:)

thobeka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks soooo good! I had chicken, broccoli & brussel sprouts and surprisingly enjoyed it :)
Here's to being healthy!!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks pretty good to me! just look at all that healthy food! Pretty too!...debbie

MarkD60 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like it!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails