Friday, August 7, 2009

Proud to be...

a tree huger !!!

Yes, I have to admit it, as a big time nature lover that I am, I hold a very, very special place in my heart for trees. I love their roots, trunk, branches and their foliage, but specially love the tall, big trees.

When I was a little girl, used to think of trees like giants and specially the big ficus trees in the rain forest in Costa Rica I used to imagine them being huge dinosaurs legs.

Whenever I am around tree I like to imagine about all the time those trees have been around, all of the animals and insects that have used them as a home. How many different types of weather they've been through and more...

I've seen some amazing trees in my life and specially growing up in Costa Rica but I know there are many others that I still need to see and hopefully one day I get the chance.

Here are some wonderful looking trees from back home Costa Rica.

Our national tree (Guanacaste)

We call this one "Higueron" (cattle loves to lay down under these ones)

Me inside a Ficus tree (we named it Jungle Jim) Costa Rica 2001

My brother Mau and Me sitting on a tree branch that connects 2 ficus trees (the twins)

Trees at Corcovado National Park (see the roots? awesome!)

Here are some wonderful trees around the world that I hope to see for myself someday;


Basket Tree


Not sure what kind of trees these are, but I sure like them!

Baobab Tree

Another BIG Baobab Tree

Baobab Forest in Madagascar

Fig Tree
Famous Redwood

I think this one is a Joshua Tree (not sure)

And now some beautiful foliage trees;

Cherry Blossom Tree

Jacaranda Tree

Royal Poinciana Tree

And last but not least a couple of Bonsai that I find to be like a piece of art.


We have a few nice and big trees in the Cayman Island, but nothing like back in Costa Rica, I sure do miss big trees, so I guess for now until I go back to Costa Rica or I visit another place with big trees I'm going to settle with posting about them.

Have a great weekend!!!

1 commented; now it's your turn!:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those trees are really gorgeous!!!

My favorite trees are the cherry blossoms. The basket tree is crazy!!! I had not seen such trees, thans for sharing.

Have a nice weekend too!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails