Wednesday, August 22, 2012

[very] random post

Perhaps if today you decided to venture into blogger world and you happen to stumble upon my blog you will realize it is your lucky day, because today my blog is a endless source of 
random fact for your enjoyment!

As most of you know I live in a small island of the western Caribbean, the Cayman Islands 
(which are 3 islands in total- hence the plural in the name).

I live in Grand Cayman, which is the biggest of the three. Now, on this little piece of heaven we have lots of animals; some endemic, like the famous Cayman Parrot or the Blue Iguana among a few others.

© Burrard-Lucas.com
endemic Blue Iguana a.k.a. Blue Dragon
But of course we also have dogs, cats, birds, cows, horses, lots of fishes in the sea and if you go to the pet store, perhaps exotic and not so exotic pets like hamsters and gerbils.

Did you know Hamsters are illegal in Hawaii? (see, what I said about random facts).

I never really liked hamsters or any kind of rodent other than squirrels, beavers and porcupines (yes, they are rodents as well!)... Oh, and I like Otters, although those are not actually rodents.

I think Otters are so sweet... specially because they hold hands when they sleep so they won't drift away from each other, or should I say "each otter"? LOL

photo source unknown
Awww, how sweet are those Otters?!?!?

Besides having those animals, our underwater world is pretty amazing too, we have tons of beautiful fishes which you can go and visit at any of the 159 dive sites we have around the island of Grand Cayman (not counting the other two!).

On an unrelated note, last night I went out with the girls at work for happy hour and then we catch a new movie called "Sparkle", which was alright I guess, not a movie I probably would choose to see by myself but it was a good "chick flick" kinda of night.

Sparkle played by Jordin Sparks and Emma played by Whitney Houston
If you haven't hear of this movie is basically the story of 3 sisters (back in the 1960's) trying to become a singers, but of course fame becomes a challenge and things don't end up working out for all of them.

Also this was Whitney Houston's last movie as she passed during post production, so in fact she was never able to see her last role- very sad- 
Whitney was also the producer of the movie as she owned the rights for it since 2000. 
On another kind of weird and random note, the role of Sparkle was originally thought for singer Aaliyah who passed away just before signing for the role- also very sad :(

Happy Hump Day everybody!

4 commented; now it's your turn!:

God's Little People said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for those random facts! Maybe next time I go to the post office with post for you I should write western Caribbean... maybe there's a chance it would get there faster?! I always get the same woman behind the counter asking the exact same question every time; "Grand Cayman - where is that???" When I answer; "The Caribbean" trying to get her vaguely in the area she always says, mmmmm... and says it will take a couple of days to get there!! Maybe one day I should tell her about the 9 month delay, lol!! Anyhow...
The Blue Dragon is awesome, would love to see a real one.
I've been wanting to see Sparkle when it hits this part of the world. A random little fact for you in return... I've never been super into Whitney Houston, but for some inexplicable reason, the day before she died I suddenly got this incentive to go and check out her official website to see what's happening in the world of Whitney Houston - so very eerie. Got no idea why that came upon me, and I was a little spooked when I heard of her death 24 hours later!
xo from Greece

Sheena Rae said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I am so jealous that you live in such a beautiful place! One day I will travel to the beach somewhere...ONE DAY! For now, I'm stuck in boring old Arkansas!

PS- Please tell me that iguana could not swallow my weenie dog whole?!

Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't realize that alliyah was supposed to be in Sparkle...freaky......I am sad to hear that it wasn't good, I wanted to see it. Now I just may wait for it to come out on DVD

Anna E said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

strange and a bit spooky with the Sparkle movie... The otters are "otterly" cute lol - and wow, I had no idea there were actually BLUE animals. That blue dragon is amazing!!!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails